Why I Failed !
I failed to understand the whole process of keywords and research! Starting out new, I got to the point where I hated looking for keywords and trying to figure out the process. Way back when there was not much information on how to do keyword research. It was all about keyword stuffing. And that’s why I failed because I did not know the whole process of doing keyword research and could not find program that taught you keyword research. I felt like a hamster on a wheel just going around and around in circles….totally confused!
I finally got off my hamster wheel and today I am going to help take the confusion out of your keyword research. Honestly to many people think doing research on keywords is hard! Really it is not hard at all however, it does take a little time to understand how the whole process works.
Remember, as a business owner anything you do that is related to your online business from writing articles, pages, blog posts or finding a niche that you are passionate about all relies on keyword research. Doing research will be the foundation of your business in the long run and without keywords your business will not be very successful!
But First – What is Keyword Research?
Every time you do a search on Google, Bing or Yahoo you are typing in a keyword! And keywords have been around forever plus millions of people use keywords every day and don’t even realize it. The phrase “google it” sounds much nicer than “keyword it”! People are constantly using keywords to find information or help with a topic or they are looking to buy something. Nowadays it’s “I need to find it fast” and phone books are becoming a thing of the past.
For example, if I am looking to find Chinese food for take out, this is how I perform my search.
As you can see in the screenshot above I used Google and Google Instant(which are the words that drop down as you are typing). This method not only shows me what other people are searching for but I can also get a greater insight into what keywords work best for me.
You should have a better understanding of what a keyword is and now’s the time to get started on finding the perfect keywords for your niche so you can promote your online business.
Before you start keyword research
You are going to need an effective keyword research tool! I know there are lots of keyword tools available but my personal choice is Jaaxy. It has proven to be the most accurate and cost effective research tool that is available in today’s market.
The process is also really simple to follow:
- One reliable keyword tool that will give you true and accurate up to date results.
- Your list of keywords to research.
- Typing the keywords into your research tool.
Now are you ready to get going and become an expert at doing keyword research?
I will tell you exactly how easy it is to find amazing keywords for your website use and get first page rankings on Google! All it takes is 3 easy steps. That’s it. Nothing more,but remember this is a process you need to follow that will help you decide whether a keyword is good to use or not.
Choosing a good keyword depends upon:
1. Low Competition – should be below 400 as it will be much easier to get ranked on page one. If you can’t get ranked then you will have no traffic and no sales. This is the most important factor you should consider. You have to know what your competition is doing. It makes no sense to pick a keyword that has high competition! Better yet, aim for a keyword below 300 as it is much easier to get ranked.
What is QSR? Quoted Search Results – gives you the exact number of competing pages found in Google for whatever keyword you type in. This particular feature is only found in the Jaaxy keyword tool as far as I know.
2. Searches – Lower is better – between 50-100 searches per month plus a low competition score then grab it! It makes sense to me to be on the first page of Google with a keyword that gets 50 searches a month. I don’t want to be on second or third page for a keyword that gets 100,000 searches a month. Think about this – if you get 10 or 20 keywords ranking on first page of Google just imagine the overall boost to your website.
3. Your keyword must make sense – because you will be using keywords for everything you write about so it has to make sense. OK, would you pick these keywords – keyword keyword research or of keyword research? Of course not! How would you write a blog or a page using keyword keyword research? Just don’t pick these kinds of keywords as you will have a very very hard time ranking and no traffic to your site!
Also keep in mind that you should be writing for your audience and not for the search engines. Please do not “stuff” keywords all over your content because it just creates horrible content that targets keywords. The correct process is to write for your audience not the keywords and Google will punish your site if you focus too much on keywords. Engage your people with articles that make sense and offer value.
Jaaxy sure simplifies the whole process of doing keyword research. Finding awesome keywords with low competition and they are easy to get ranked. The process is super fast too! It takes less than a minute to find keywords if you follow the 3 things I listed above.
Take Jaaxy for a test-drive! Put a keyword in the box below and see what I am talking about!
My Final Thoughts…
I truly hope this has helped you realize the importance of doing the proper keyword research before starting any content writing or anything in regards to building out your website.
Please leave any questions or if you need any additional help with finding keywords, use the comments box below. I would love to hear from you!